Minutes of meetings
The Brunswick Monument Committee was called to order at 7:09 pm by Mike Andrew. In attendance were Floyd Goetz, Bob Dozier, and Ric Frederick.
The minutes from May 19, 2010 were read and approved.
Floyd read the treasurerís report with $2,923.06 in the treasury. Charlie has $500 for a new stone.
1. Floyd paid the penalties on our account and moved the money to a checking account.
A bill for $61.95 was received for repairs to the line that was
cut in the park.
A motion was made by B. Dozier to approve the payment of funds
owed to Charlie Smith, 2nd by R. Frederick.
4. Floyd found a person that can take out four honor stones and engrave them. They will use the stones they take out for the next time we need stones engraved. Floyd will ask them for a contract. It will be $100 to take the first stones out and put them in. The stones after that will be $40 each engraved. B. Dozier made the motion to work with this company, 2nd by R. Frederick.
The vote was unanimous.
1. The machine guns can not leave the Legion because they are in receivership. Also the guns are in bad condition. At this point, we are not sure who even owns the guns.
The next meeting will be held on July 28, 2010 at 7:00pm at the VFW.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:43pm.
Ric Frederick took the minutes at this meeting, as Tracie Frederick was not in attendance.
The Brunswick Monument Committee was called to order at 7:07 pm by Mike Andrew. In attendance were Floyd Goetz, Walter Routzahn, Wendell Stewart, Bob Dozier, and Tracie Frederick.
The minutes from April 7, 2010 were read and approved.
Floyd read the treasurerís report with $2,403.06 in the treasury.
$81.50 was owed for flowers and mulch
A motion was made by W. Routzahn
to approve the payments, 2nd by W. Stewart.
2. Lough sent a bill for $1,575 to engrave the honor stones. At this price, the cost would be $61 per stone to engrave them. Floyd was able to convince them to lower it to $980. He did the proof reading for the forms.
We only paid for the
stonesóengraving requires an extra fee. Originally we agreed to pay $30 per
stone to be set in sand so that they could be taken out to be engraved. Now we
are not able to take the stones out easily. Our agreement was made without a
contract. Lough will try to engrave the stones before Memorial Day. Rain has
delayed the engraving so far.
A motion was made by W. Routzahn to approve the payment to have the engraving done by Memorial Day. If additional engraving is needed, we will compare prices with other vendors, 2nd by B. Dozier.
Floyd will check other prices
when we have another group of stones to engrave.
3. Floyd will pay penalties on our account and move the money ($2,403.06) from the money market account to a checking account, either the VFW or another checking account.
4. Mike still needs to talk with the City about changing the name of the park.
5. Clean up day at the park went well. We still need to spray for weeds.
6. We need to have photos of the new stones as they are being engraved and after engraving. They may be able to be put up on the Internet also.
7. When we have the photos of the stones, we will need an article for the Citizen to promote them. Ric is still willing to write an article.
8. Tracie is still working on the scrapbook. She does not need to be reimbursed for the cost of the supplies.
9. More honor stone order forms have been distributed.
1. There has been no word from the Eagles on when they will give us the next portion of their donation. It may be in June.
The next meeting will be held on June 23, 2010 at 7:00pm at the VFW.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:47pm.